Friday, May 27, 2011

Vick a riches-to-rags-to-riches story

NFL Notes: Just 18 months out of prison, Michael Vick leads Pro Bowl balloting


The Philadelphia Eagles quarterback had 729,838 fan votes, nearly 39,000 more than second-place Peyton Manning, the NFL said Wednesday. Manning topped the balloting two weeks ago.

“I think it’s just a credit to everything I’ve tried to accomplish on and off the field, just working as hard as I can to change things around, be a part of the solution and not the problem,” Vick said. “I changed my life, and it just goes to show anybody can do it. It’s an unfortunate situation, the things that happened. I wish I could go back and change it all. I wish I could take it all back. The only thing I can do is move forward.”

It’s the latest evidence many fans seem willing to forgive Vick for the dogfighting operation that sent him to prison for 18 months – and embrace his stunning return to NFL stardom. A backup to start the season, Vick has led the Eagles to first place in the NFC East, accounting for 21 touchdowns and throwing just two interceptions.


No comments:

Post a Comment